Sunday, May 31, 2009

Polish FarmGirl- Hotter Than A $2 Pistol


Most guys have a picture in their head of their Dream Girl- an airbrushed Playmate, a Super Model, the latest movie Starlet or maybe a mesmerizing Crooner. As we all know, what we have in our Head does not always work out as we had planned.

30 years ago this weekend, I was on a camping trip in upstate New York. Although the actual details are sometimes disputed, the fact remains that I met my Dream Girl. Unfortunately, since I was a bit ‘under the weather’ at the time, I didn’t know I had met HER.

And she was a Polish FarmGirl and, oh wow, she was HOTTER THAN A $2 PISTOL!!!!

We were married just about 1 year to the day and we’ve lived in wedded bliss for the last 29 years- AND we’ve NEVER HAD A FIGHT (at least none that we can remember :D).

Now remember guys this was way before internet dating so you couldn’t just go to your favorite matchmaker website and punch in— Wanted Polish FarmGirl—must be willing to re-locate to New Jersey, USA. In fact, I didn’t even know that I was looking for a Polish FarmGirl but it turns out that I was.

The wedding at a Polish RC Church featured a grumpy Polish priest and us riding away in my Great-Grandmother’s 1956 Dodge Coronet (it featured a Red Ram V-8, Push Button Automatic, a Chromed out Tube AM Radio and SLIPPERY SEATS).

The procession was led by my Best Man and another friend on Harleys- chopped of course. We had a 12 hour outdoor reception under a big tent. We had a Polka Band and a Bluegrass Band as well as 2 sit down meals.

It lasted so long that one of my wife’s uncles got drunk, walked home, passed out for 7 hours, came back and got drunk AGAIN. We were the last to leave the reception and when we got to the motel, I found out that I had given away all of the rooms we had booked- including ours. We drove to a friends house and slept in their living room.

Everything went great until on our honeymoon when I casually announced to my new bride that I really believed that I was UNEMPLOYABLE. She wondered why it had taken until AFTER the wedding for me to let her in on my secret.

So the Polish FarmGirl has had to deal with my somewhat erratic career path- Truck Driver, School Teacher, Bar Owner, Amway Distributor, Computer Salesman, Personal Trainer, Strongman, Motivational Speaker, Author, ARPist.

The years have been an exciting roller coaster ride. She loves to dance and garden. Yeah, FarmGirls are multi-talented and mine is no exception.

Our kids never cease to amaze- just last week Jayne Lin graduated from college Magna Cum Laude. We looked at each other teary eyed as she walked across the stage and we wondered aloud, ‘Where did she get the brains from?’. Krissy and Buddy are equally talented in their own right.

While we have hovered financially around the poverty line for most of our marriage, I couldn’t be any wealthier in things that matter most.
Okay, okay I’ll cut this BUT know that there are some fantastic messages found in this story- if you look for them. God is Good.

And the Polish FarmGirl is STILL ‘Hotter Than A $2 Pistol’ (she says it’s because my eyesight is going but it’s way more than just what my eyes can see).

Oh and what did Lin get for her Mothers Day/Anniversary Gift? The GATE took over 20 years to build :D

No comments:

Post a Comment